Monday, December 17, 2012

JAKTOGO


While doing some research on an upcoming bag/suitcase entry, I came across this coat called JAKTOGO.  www.jaktogo.com  Oh my!  This is FABULOUS!  I wanted to immediately plunked down my credit card to purchase one.  We are planning a trip in a week or so and I think it would be fun to have this to go with my 6 items or less wardrobe.  (And I can promise you, my siblings would have a heyday laughing at me in this – but I won’t be the one paying the extra $25 - $50 for extra luggage – so there! :-p)


Mr. Powers, an engineer from Ireland, designed this due to his frustration with airlines and their baggage fees.  (I’m so there with you Mr. Powers – that’s one of the reasons we fly with Southwest Airlines every chance we get, no charge on up to two checked bags – even though I’m usually good with the standard 14” x 22” x 9” - aka 45” limit - carry on.)   You can pack the JAKTOGO with your overweight items and/or extra clothing.  When you get to the airport, you put it on over your regular coat (if you’re wearing one), put it on the security conveyor belt like a coat, wear it on the plane like a coat and then (discreetly) fold it up into the carry on bag that it can become once you’re on the plane.  Whatever you do – DON’T SIT DOWN in this JAKTOGO!  There are pockets in places you don’t want to sit.

The coat is stadium length and has 14 pockets of various sizes.  According to the video found on the website (also linked on my YouTube channel), you can pack 3 pairs of trousers, 3 dress shirts, 3 T shirts, 3 boxers, 1 large towel, 3 pairs of socks and a hooded sweatshirt.  When you find the pic with the pockets, you’ll see recommendations of what else you can pack where inside this coat.  After discussing this with my husband, we don’t think you would want to put your computer in the recommended inside inside pocket – it would be difficult to extract it when going through security, especially as the carry on configuration.  As I don’t have the actual coat, I can’t tell you if a laptop will fit in any of the other pockets.  The coat comes in three fabrics:  a lightweight durable material, denim, or leather.  The leather one looks really cool.

Another design of Mr. Powers (or did his wife come up with this one?) is the Dresstogo.  Now, I wouldn’t wear this one or carry it, just not my style, but it is still a WAY COOL concept.  Rosie Traveling on YouTube has a great vid (she is so enthusiastic, so fun to watch) on the Dresstogo and she sports it well.  She packed a lot of clothing and even commented that she may just take the Dresstogo and skip the suitcase next trip.  This is a sleeveless bodice, bubble skirt design of a dress.  I believe there are 7 pockets in this design.  (I recommend wearing this over a T shirt and leggings at least or like Rosie, a cute black dress.)

There is also a Ponchotogo.  I haven’t explored this design at all thus I’m not able to report anything.  Perhaps the people at JAKTOGO will do a vid on this so we can see its potential as well.  (hint, hint) 

 

These garments are not meant to be fashion statements (though the leather one…) so don’t even go there.  These are meant to be functional and used to get around luggage restrictions.  One reviewer mentioned that it was difficult to fold up into the carry on bag.  Some don’t like the logo blazoned on their derrieres as they are wearing the garments.  (NOTE:  JAKTOGO explains this is so it is recognizable by airline personnel and hopefully you won’t get harassed for your coat/carry on, plus it doesn’t hurt their advertising bottom line either, I’m sure.  But, if you want your JAKTOGO design logo-less, they will accommodate you under their Custom tab at their website – cool, huh?)

One wardrobe item I have not seen mentioned in the packing of the JAKTOGO (or its compadres) is shoes.  Not sure why – at least a pair of flip flops would fit in any one of those pockets.  Perhaps, this product is meant more for the business traveler than the leisure traveler. 
 
Can you imagine though, taking this on your trip unpacked and then coming home with all sorts of treasures.  (You might look like one of those guys in the alleys though – “Do want to buy a watch?”  ROFL)  I’m not a drinker of spirits, but you could probably get a fifth in one of those pockets at the duty free shop.  (Just had a friend return from Italy and had to leave her lovely Italian wine at security – sad.)  This would be much more fashionable to carry on board than a grocery sack and won’t count against your personal item limit.  I know my purse would fit into one of the pockets. 

 
So would you sport a JAKTOGO?

Go check out www.JAKTOGO.com and tell them Pauline from Convertibles2Go sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment