Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Equinox

Well, I'm coming close to finishing the first 90 days of my clothing journey AND tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  So I thought I share a little bit of what I've been wearing as outerwear this winter as I don't include that in my clothing descriptions or pics.
 
This is my bog coat.  It's made from a taupey brown fleece with black crushed velvet trim.  The pockets are huge!!!  I always carry black stretchy gloves in my pockets.  And that's my favorite purse in the entire world.  I'm on my second one (Walmart, $12.00).  The strap is extra long (which is not my favorite feature) but it has a place for my coin purse/wallet, phone (Samsung Infuse), glass case, manicure set, extra phone battery, little journal, and lots of gift cards and pens, plus my Burt's Bees' lip balm.  Oh, I carry my keys on a carbiner and to dress it up I have a peacock purse bling from Icing.  Not pictured, is a gold magic scarf.  I love my magic scarf.  Of course, it does a number of convertibles - but my favorite way to wear it is as a hood/cape combo.  It really does keep off the light rain.
 
 
I'm beginning to rethink my wardrobe - hopefully to pare it down even more.  One item that I need to rethink is another jacket.  As the weather is becoming consistently warmer, my fleece coat is a bit too warm and cumbersome.  I have a white denim jacket that I've worn throughout the winter as an accessory jacket, but I think I'll leave as my spring jacket.
 
 
So far, this journey hasn't been too arduous or too boring.  As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I'm thinking of paring my wardrobe even further.  I've decided I have WAAAYYY too much coral in my wardrobe even though it's one of my favorite colors.  I just have a difficult time wearing it with black (too Halloweeny, which is not my favorite holiday other than a chance to dress up).  Also, I haven't committed to getting rid of my box of clothes that has been sitting in my closet for over a year.  I snitch out a few pieces here and there (I call them cheater pieces). 
 
 
Thank you for coming with me on my journey.  I'll keep posting and hopefully have a few longer posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment